The holiday season is a special time of year. A time to spend with family. Celebrating Christmas with loved ones in a skilled resident care or assisted living facility may take a little extra planning. So make them feel special. Here are a few ideas on how to brighten their holiday spirits.
Plan a Christmas Dinner
There are several ways to share a Christmas dinner with your loved one. Planning ahead is important so you can schedule dinner at a convenient time that fits into their schedule. Here are a few ways to share a Christmas meal:
- Bring them a holiday dinner that was prepared at home.
- Check with the facility to see if you can reserve a room or space for a private family meal.
- Join your loved one and eat with them in the dining room for a small fee
- Make arrangements to pick up your family member and take them home or to a restaurant for a special holiday dinner.
Bring a Gift
Gift giving is still a great idea, but keep it simple. Since there is limited space for storage bring them a practical gift that they can use, they can share, or is disposable, such as:
- Framed photos of family, friends, or pets
- Stationery, note cards, or an address book
- A calendar
- Books, magazines, or newspaper subscriptions
- Warm robe or slippers
Simply spending time together privately in their room or joining in the resident Christmas Party will mean a lot to them. Share stories and reminisce about past Christmas’s.
Adding festive decorations to their rooms is an easy way to help celebrate the holidays. There are many inexpensive paper decorations available that can be easily hung by string. Be sure to take down or remove all the decorations at the end of the holidays. Always check with the facility regarding in-room decorating policies.
Our Christmas Party will be held on December 19 at 1:30 pm if you would like to join us.
Enjoy Christmas Lunch with your family member on Christmas Day. Our Pacific Care Center Christmas Lunch meal tickets can be purchased in advance at $12 per person.