2017 SNF MEGA Rule Seminar
Best Practices for Resident Care
Sponsored by Alternative Hospice & Senior Scripts Pharmacy
2.5 Admin & 2.5 PC CEUs
5 Total CEUs
Missouri Athletic Club
1777 Des Peres Rd.
Des Peres, MO 63131
2735 Eagleson Dr.
Rolla, MO 65401
Registration 7:30 – 8:00 am
Coffee & Tea will be served
8:00 – 9:00 am
Do Not Get Caught Up in the Mega Rule – Keep It Simple
Presenter: Geri McKee, M Ed, Pacific Care Center
9:00 – 10:30 am
Phase 1, 2 & 3 Infection Preventionist Program
Presenter: Gretchen Roberts-Hoaglin, RN, LNHA, RAC-CT, IP, Pacific Care Center
10:30 – 10:45 am
10:45 – 11:45 am
Benefits of Palliative & Hospice Care in Care Facilities
Presenters: Katherine Ruzicka, RN, Jayne Marking, LMT, Fran Tasche, LMT
11:45 am – 12:45 pm
Provided by Our Sponsors, Alternative Hospice & Senior Scripts Pharmacy
12:45 – 1:45 pm
Questions & Answers
1:45 – 3:00 pm
The Mega Rule Pharmacy Requirements
Presenters: Tracy Lashbrook, LP, Senior Scripts Pharmacy, and Jane Drier, RN
7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Register at Least 5 Days Prior to the Seminar
- To provide an educational seminar related to current issues in Long-Term Care, specifically the Mega Rule.
- Present topics that are critical issues in the Long-Term Care arena.
- Provide pertinent information that relates to the Mega Rule comprehensive changes to your pharmacy and the new drug regulations.
- Present vital information to professionals that will help them deal with the many changes facilities face related to the comprehensive mandated Mega Rule in Long-Term Care.
- Provide critical information to Long-Term Care employees concerning what the hospice team provides while partnering with a facility.
- Provide critical information to Long-Term Care professionals concerning the Infection Preventionist Program.
- How to research, write, and implement good policies and procedures that meet the requirements of the new Mega Rule.
- Provide an overall focus of the changes created by the Mega Rule and ideas for implementing the changes.
Geri McKee, M Ed is a graduate of St. Louis University with a Master of Education and Sociology. Currently she works for Pacific Care Center in Pacific, MO. Geri has worked in long-term care for the past 28 years as a marketer, education coordinator, and executive director. She is certified to provide training in dementia, behavior issues, leadership, and motivational topics.
Gretchen Roberts-Hoaglin, RN, LNHA, RAC-CT, IP received her RN from Jefferson College. Currently she is the Administrator of Pacific Care Center LLC where she has been employed for 20 years. Gretchen has worked in nursing and management roles caring for the geriatric population for over 30 years.
Katherine Ruzicka, RN received her RN in May 2011. She has experience as a charge nurse, wound care nurse, nurse manager, care plan coordinator, and assistant director of nursing. Currently she is the Director of Clinical Services at Alternative Hospice. Katherine appreciates working with people who understand the extra love and care needed at the end of life.
Jayne Marking, LMT is currently working for Alternative Hospice. While employed as an administrator and business teacher for a massage therapy school, she took classes to better understand her students’ needs. Jayne continues to satisfy her thirst for knowledge and find new avenues to assist her clients in finding ease of movement through classes and assistant teaching for Upledger International.
Fran Tasche, LMT was attending massage therapy school at Healing Arts Center when she felt called to work in hospice care. As she looked into different avenues, it became clear that Alternative Hospice was the right choice for her. The teams are so well connected to their patients and each other that those needing hospice care and their families receive the best care.
Tracy Lashbrook, LP has been a Registered Pharmacist since 2001. He graduated from St. Louis College of Pharmacy. He has worked in the pharmacy field for many years, with 15 years of them in the long-term care industry. Tracy joined Senior Scripts Pharmacy as the Director of Pharmacy in 2011. His primary focus is on compliance, quality assurance, facility concerns, and pharmacy management.
Jane Drier, RN has been a Registered Nurse since 1995. Jane has worked as a charge nurse, MDS coordinator, admissions nurse, day shift supervisor, clinical manager, and a director of nursing. She provides consultative services in the areas of nursing practice, and acts as a resource person by providing educational in-services, offering training regarding pharmacy policy and procedures.