Pacific Care Center wants to make the process
of entering our care easy and convenient.
Our Admissions team meets with each resident and family prior to or during the admissions process to gather important information. Pacific Care Center can admit a resident 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In order to do so, it is very important that both legal documents and personal items be brought with the resident at time of admission.
Legal Documents & Information
In order for us to develop each resident’s specialized clinical plan and ensure proper billing, we require several key documents. Please be prepared to provide Pacific Care Center with the following legal documents and information prior to or during the admissions process:
- Medicare card
- Medicaid card (if applicable)
- Managed care or insurance card
- Social Security card
- Medicare Part D (drug benefit) card
- Advance directives, living will, etc. (if applicable)
- Clinical and financial Power of Attorney documents
- Long-term care/supplemental insurance policies
- Name and contact information of the person to be contacted with changes in condition/financial status
- Most recent place of residence during the current calendar year
To help your loved one become comfortable in Pacific Care Center, please bring the following personal items at the time of admission. Disposable items can be restocked by family members as often as needed.
- Clothes (7 changes of clothing)
- Nightclothes (pajamas)
- White Cotton Socks and Hosiery
- Shoes and Slippers
- Outerwear (washable)
- Electric Razor (if preferred)
- Denture Brush (if needed)
- Deodorant (non-aerosol)
- Body Lotion
- Comb and Brush
- Facial Tissue
- Hearing Aids (if needed)
- Blanket, Quilt, Throw
Clothing should be comfortable and easy to put on and take off.
Our admissions personnel will review all of the required documents, ensure receipt of proper copies of all paperwork, explain the programs and services provided at Pacific Care Center, and answer all questions.
A member of our Business Office also is available to review finance-related matters and answer questions.
Feel free to Contact Us with your questions regarding the admissions process at Pacific Care Center. We’re here to help!
Each resident is provided cable television services, but you will need to supply your own phone and television.
Apparel and personal care items should always be marked with your name for easy identification. We recommend a black laundry marker (available at most department and grocery stores).
Items Not to Bring
To ensure the safety of our residents, the following items cannot be kept at the bedside or brought into a resident’s room for use.
- Medications (including over the counter)
- Medicated ointments
- Aerosol spray cans (including deodorant and hair spray)
- Any product labeled “Harmful if Swallowed” or “Keep Out of Reach of Children” (for example, nail polish remover)
- Valuables (including cash, credit cards, jewelry, and checkbooks – Pacific Care Center cannot be responsible for these items)
Resident rooms are cleaned daily. Clutter in resident rooms causes safety, sanitation, and cleanliness issues. Therefore, clutter will be sent home with the family or, if appropriate, removed from the room and discarded (for example, old newspapers, magazines, etc).
Please note that personal items cannot be stored on the floor or on windowsills due to safety and fire regulations.