Pacific Care Center helps families of seniors understand and adapt to the challenges imposed by disabilities as they age.
Seniors face many risks and uncertain challenges, such as:
- Loss of vision from macular degeneration, glaucoma, or cataracts.
- Decreased mobility and injury from falling.
- Risk of cardiovascular events such as stroke or heart attack.
- Reduced cognitive ability.
- Alcohol and prescription drug abuse.
- Unanticipated out-of-pocket expenses for increased care, home modifications, and medication costs at a time when income is often fixed.
- Isolation and depression because of changes in their lives that stem from their disabilities.
- Abuse (both physical and emotional).
- Fraud regarding any type of financial dealing.
- Lack of appropriate healthcare.
These challenges can be overwhelming for seniors and those who care for them to face and overcome.
That’s why Pacific Care Center offers the following links to a variety of online tools, articles, and guides from government, academic, non-profit, and commercial resources.
The information and organizations providing these resources for seniors are not connected with or endorsed by Pacific Care Center, but are provided to help families and seniors find information they need to meet their challenges. Inclusion of materials found at these links does not imply endorsement by Pacific Care Center.
Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning: Communication Guide Overview
CPR Education for Residents & Families
Paying for Senior Care